The highlight of the international programme is the International CTO Panel on the first conference day. Speakers include Michael Fränkle (SVP Networks & CTO, TDC Group), Thomas Helbo (CTO, Com Hem), Manuel Kohnstamm (SVP & Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Liberty Global), Dr. Eric Kuisch (CTO, Vodafone Deutschland), Bruce McClelland (CEO, ARRIS) and Ludwig Modra (CTO, Tele Columbus).
In total 16 panels in English will focus on DOCSIS 3.1, FTTH, WiFi, OTT, HFC Networks, Cloud Services, Multiscreen, Copyright Law, Big Data and – in cooperation with Broadband TV News – TV Strategies in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Amongst the highlights of the first conference day is the strategy panel “Content: TV vs. Streaming – New Content? New Cooperations?”
The German Broadband and Media Summit, will take place on the second conference day, Wednesday, 13 June 2018.
Further panel topics are:
- “TV Strategies in Europe, Middle East and Africa – Market Update in Cooperation with Broadband TV News”
- “EU Regulatory Update: Copyright Law” in cooperation with Cable Europe
- “NewTV: AppTV, Cloud TV, VR and AR“ with Discovery Networks Deutschland, Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, ProSieben Sat.1 Media, Telekom Deutschland and Zattoo
- “Analog, SD and HD – After the Switch-Off is before the Switch-Off?” with HD PLUS, MEDIA BROADCAST, ProSiebenSat.1 Media, Vodafone Deutschland and WDR.
- “Adressable TV: Television in Times of Big Data and Digital Assistants” in cooperation with the German TV Platform
- “IPTV and Replay Concepts for Cable and Fiber Networks” with Eviso Germany, M7 Group, Ocilion IPTV Technologies and Zattoo
- “New Cooperations in the Broadband Market – An Interim Result” in cooperation with BUGLAS Bundesverband Glasfaseranschluss
- “Internet of Things & Industrie 4.0” in cooperation with ZVEI – German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association
- “Inhouse Connectivity & Smart Home” with AVM, devolo, digital STROM, Telekom Deutschland and Unitymedia.On the third day, Thursday, 14 June 2018, ANGA COM, the Broadband Office of the German Federation and the Association of Telecommunications and Value-Added Service Providers (VATM) will organize a joint “Broadband Day – Gigabit now!”.
Dr. Peter Charissé, Managing Director of ANGA COM: “After the relocation in 2017, we will take-off with the conference agenda this year: new topics, even more panels and a completely new time schedule. We have significantly extended the broadband and media topics. With already 460 registered companies we are heading for further growth in the exhibition.”
The visitor registration for exhibition and conference is available online at www.angacom.de. An admission ticket to the exhibition costs 22 Euros for three days upon prior online registration (ticket office on-site: 35 Euros), conference season tickets start at 100 Euros. On 14 June 2018, the Broadband Day, exhibition and conference are completely free of charge upon prior online registration.
Cable Quest is the media support for the event.