The channel was a BJP-backed platform which was established for publicising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rallies and political messages.
It was closed two days before the final phase of the Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP spokesperson said: "As NaMo TV was a campaign tool for the BJP, it was no longer needed after the Lok Sabha elections got over. So it was taken off air as soon as campaigning ended on May 17."
The TV channel had been in the storm of a controversy ever since it first made an appearance on March 31. It was even mentioned in a tweet against the Election Commission by Congress president Rahul Gandhi 20 May.
Congress led ppposition parties objected to NaMo TV on the grounds that having a television channel dedicated to PM Modi was a direct violation of the Election Commission's Model Code of Conduct. They also objected to the Prime Minister tweeting out an image advertising it as a medium to access his "exciting" election campaign and "a lot more fascinating content".
Tata Sky, Videocon and Dish TV aired the channel as a free service to subscribers across the country. The Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry insisted that NaMo TV does not require any approval because it is only an "advertisement platform".
Also, the Election Commission said on April 12 that the channel cannot screen any political content without the prior approval of its Media Certification and Monitoring Committee. Earlier this month, the Delhi Chief Electoral Officer had sent a notice to the BJP for airing election-related content on NaMo TV during the "silence period" preceding the city's voting day on May 12.